Become a Member of the World’s Largest Dairy Breed Association
The National Junior Holstein Association is a dynamic organization for youth under the age of 21, with over 8,000 active members in 48 states. Members have the opportunity to participate in a wide variety of activities, all aimed at helping youth increase their knowledge of the dairy industry, strengthen self-confidence, and build leadership skills, preparing them for the future.
Becoming a member is easy – simply call 800.952.5200, or print and fill out the form available here. Membership dues are a one-time $20 fee, that is good until the member reaches 21 years of age.
Why Should You Join?Meet new people
Being a member of an organization of this size provides youth many opportunities to meet people their age that share the same interests as they do.
- State Associations: Many states have very active junior associations that hold various activities such as judging and showing workshops, conventions, and state contests.
- National Junior Holstein Convention: Over 500 junior members come together annually for this event, which is held in a different state each year.
The Junior Holstein Association has several programs that allow youth to receive recognition for the work they do in developing their Holstein cattle.
- National Junior Holstein Shows
- Judi Collinsworth Outstanding Junior Exhibitor Memorial Award: Award given to a Junior exhibitor at each of the National shows. It is intended to recognize exhibitors for their efforts and interests in all aspects of the dairy industry.
- Young Breeder Awards: Several awards are available for Juniors that breed and develop animals that excel in type and production
- Young Distinguished Junior Member (YDJM) and Distinguished Junior Member (DJM): Awards that recognize outstanding youth for their achievements throughout the course of their Junior Holstein work. This is the highest honor given to Junior Holstein members.
Several competitions are held at the state and national level that allow youth to build and demonstrate their knowledge of the dairy industry
- Dairy Bowl
- Dairy Jeopardy
- Prepared Public Speaking
- Folding Display
The Junior Holstein Association helps prepare youth for a successful future.
- Scholarships: The National Holstein Women’s Scholarship Organization offers multiple scholarships to college-age Junior Holstein members