Maryland Junior Holstein Club
Jr. Club Advisor: Kelly Myers Zepp 410-635-3922 Co – Chairpersons: Johanna Allen 301-834-5358 Carole Doody 301-898-7564
- January 15 – Scholarships due to Kelly Zepp or Dee Shafer
- January 15 – Dairy Shrine scholarship due
- January 15 – Production Awards postmarked and sent to Kelly Zepp (or may be sent with your DJM book)
- January 22 – Deadline for DJM books to be turned in
- February 8 – Maryland 4-H Dairy Skillathon Contest – Carroll County Extension Office
- February 29 – Deadline to sign up for Junior Jamboree
- March 7 – Junior Jamboree 10am at Frederick County Ext. Office
- April 4 – Maryland Spring Show
- June 13-14 – Show Like A Po Workshop
- June 20 – Combined All Breeds Show, Frederick Fairgrounds
2020 MD Spring Show
Please note that the spring show will be held on Saturday, April 4, at the Howard County Fairgrounds.
2020 MD Holstein Convention
This year’s national Holstein Convention will be held June in Lancaster, Pennsylvania. We will be sending Dairy Bowl, Dairy Jeopardy and Speech contestants. Selection will be made at our Jamboree on Saturday, March 7, at the Frederick County 4-H office.
Animal Ownership Dates – All animals must be owned by July 1st
Maryland Show Rules
We encourage every junior to show his/her own animal. In situations that a substitute leadsman is needed, the substitute must be the same age or younger as the exhibitor and must have received approval before the show with a legitimate excuse approved by the show chairman.
Maryland Leasing Rules
For those of you involved with the MD leasing program and interested in competing on the National Level, please consult the following National Holstein website and take notice of any rules to be eligible. One thing to note is the difference of leasing dates compared to MD. The national ownership date for leasing is January 1st of the project year. See the following for more info: www.holsteinusa.com ->juniors->Jr. national shows->Jr. leasing program